Chickpea salad with tomato, avocado, and onion is a healthy and low-carb dinner recipe. It is a quick and simple vegetarian salad using canned chickpeas in 5 mins.
A Healthy Vegetarian Salad Recipe:
Chickpea salad is a healthy and filling salad with fresh vegetables. I used canned chickpeas for this recipe; that helps to make this salad in 5 minutes. Avocado helps to give a creamy texture to this salad. Avocado, red onion, tomato, lemon juice and chickpeas together make a healthy and delicious salad. This is my favorite vegetarian salad recipe because it is simple to make in 5 minutes without cooking. I just toss the canned chickpeas with fresh vegetables in minutes. If you don’t have the canned chickpeas, you can easily cook dry chickpeas at home.
How to cook dried chickpeas?
1. Wash and soak dried chickpeas in cold water for 8 – 10 hours or overnight.
2. In a pressure cooker add chickpeas, water, salt and cook until it becomes soft.
3. You can also cook chickpeas on the stove tip using a saucepan. In a sauce pan add soaked and drained chickpeas, water and salt. Cover and cook until the chickpeas become soft.
Smart Cooking Tips:
1. Rinse and drain the chickpeas before using it in the salad.
2. If you are using the dried chickpeas cook it before using in the salad.
3. Avoid using an overripe avocado in this salad. Because of its soft and mushy texture, it will get mashed completely when mixing.
4. You can add red pepper flakes to this salad for a spicy taste.
A High-Protein Vegan Salad:
Chickpea (garbanzo) is an excellent source of protein for vegetarians. This salad is loaded with chickpeas and fresh vegetables, so it is a healthy and protein-packed salad for vegan and vegetarians. This salad tastes creamy and flavorful without any high-fat seasonings. Chickpea is packed with fiber and helps to keep us fuller for a long time.
More Salad Recipes:
How to serve Chickpea Salad?
Serve chickpea salad immediately because it will become soggy soon.
Chickpea salad with tomato, avocado and onion is a healthy and low-carb dinner recipe. It is a quick and simple vegetarian salad using canned chickpeas in 5 mins.
- 15.5 oz CHICKPEAS CANNED
- 1 no AVOCADO
- 0.50 cup ONION CHOPPED
- 1 no TOMATO CHOPPED
- 1 tsp LEMON JUICE RAW
- 0.50 tsp SALT TABLE
- 0.25 tsp PEPPER BLACK
- 0.25 cup CILANTRO (CORIANDER)LEAVES CHOPPED
Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas. In a bowl combine the chickpeas, diced avocado, chopped onion, chopped tomato, chopped cilantro and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and serve.