Dates and nuts Ladoo (dry fruits Ladoo) is a healthy and quick dessert with dates and nuts in 3 minutes. It is easy and simple to make without cooking.
A healthy snack for kids:
Dates is a healthy fruit loaded with vitamins, minerals, calcium and fiber. Especially for growing kids it helps to keep them energetic for a long time. So I prefer to make this healthy snack and store it in a refrigerator for a week. Mashed dates with crunchy nuts make a delicious and healthy snack for everyone. It is also a wonderful snack for picnics because it stays good for a long time without getting spoiled. You can also make these laddoos in the various shapes like square, but it requires to refrigerate for an hour for the dates to set so that you can shape it easily without a mess.
Smart Cooking Tips:
1. I used Medjool dates in this recipe; you can use any varieties. But the heating time varies depending on the variety of the dates.
2. Avoid heating it for a long time in one stretch, heat it at regular intervals. Keep checking it every 10 seconds interval because dates get soft quickly.
3. You can also cook dates using a pan on the stove top in a medium flame.
4. You can also grind the dates in a mixer until smooth without warming. But I found this method is easy compared to grinding.
5. Powder the nuts coarsely one or two pulse is enough. You should the crunchiness of nuts in the ladoo.
6. I used mixed nuts Almonds, Cashew nuts, and Pistachios. You can use any nuts of your choice.
7. You can also add other dry fruits like fig and raisins in this recipe.
An easy and quick dessert:
Dates and nuts ladoo are a quick and easy snack with few ingredients. You can easily make it less than 5 minutes and store it up to a week. The best thing about this recipe is you don’t have to cook or bake. Also, if you are craving to have something sweet this laddu helps to satisfy the craving without adding many calories. It is also known as energy balls, an excellent snack for after a heavy workout.
Dates and nuts ladoo (dry fruits ladoo) is a healthy and quick dessert with dates and nuts in 3 minutes. It is easy and simple to make without cooking.
- 10 no DATES MEDJOOL
- 8 gms ALMONDS
- 8 gms CASHEW NUTS RAW
- 8 gms PISTACHIO NUTS RAW
Lightly heat the Medjool dates in a microwave oven for 10 - 15 seconds and mash it up with your fingers into a smooth paste.
Coarsely powder the nuts in a mixer and add it to the dates paste. Mix well.
Divide the mixture into small portions and roll them into the small balls.
How to serve dates and nuts laddoo?
Serve dates and nuts laddoo as a snack or dessert.