Masala peanuts (Peanut Bhujia) are the crunchy and gluten-free snack. It is simple to make in just a few mins and stores well for a couple of weeks.
Masala Peanuts in Microwave Oven:
You can make crunchy masala peanuts in the microwave oven with less amount of oil. It tastes just like the deep fried ones though personally, I taste the slight raw besan flour in it.
- Soak the peanuts in water for a minute. Drain and discard the water from peanuts and pat them dry using a clean kitchen cloth.
In a separate bowl, combine besan flour, rice flour, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Combine both peanuts and flour mixture together, sprinkle water little by little until the flour mixture coats evenly on the peanuts.
Spread the peanuts on a greased wide microwave oven safe plate in a single layer. The peanuts may not be taste crispy right after the frying, once it cooled down the peanuts turn crispy.
Smart Cooking Tips:
- You can bake or roast the masala peanuts in the microwave or conventional oven.
Add red chili powder according to your taste. You can add other spices like cumin powder, fennel powder, hing and coriander powder.
Peanuts may not be crispy right after the deep frying. Once cooled down it becomes crunchy.
Masala Peanuts in Conventional Oven:
Large batches of masala peanuts are easily made in the conventional oven. It is a healthier option of making masala peanuts. Baked masala peanuts taste similar to the deep fried ones.
- Soak the peanuts in water for a minute (this step helps to coat the peanuts with flour mixture).
In a bowl, add besan flour, salt, red chili powder, rice flour and mix well.
- Combine both peanuts, besan flour mixture and mix well. Drizzle oil and mix well. Sprinkle water little by little and mix well until the besan flour mixture coated evenly on the peanuts.
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line the baking tray with parchment paper, spread peanuts in a single layer, drizzle cooking oil on top of the peanuts and bake for 15 minutes until the flour mixture turns crispy. Let the peanuts cool completely and serve.
Masala peanuts are the crunchy and gluten-free snack. It is simple to make in just a few mins and stores well for a couple of weeks.
- 1 cup Peanuts Raw
- 0.50 cup Besan Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1.25 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 - 3 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Oil (for frying)
Soak peanuts in water for a minute (this step helps to wet the peanuts and coat with the besan flour mixture).
In a separate bowl, add besan flour, rice flour, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
Combine both peanuts and flour mixture together, add water little by little and mix well until the peanuts get coated evenly.
In a hot oil, drop the peanuts little by little and deep fry over a medium flame until the outer coating turns crispy. The peanut may not be crispier right after the frying, once cooled down it turns crispy.
How to serve baked masala peanuts?
Serve baked masala peanuts as a snack or appetizer.