Masala toast sandwich is an easy and healthy lunch box recipe with vegetables. Carrot, capsicum, and spices together make a delicious filling for the sandwich.
Sandwich Recipes for lunch box:
Sandwiches are an excellent lunch box recipe for kids. It is easy for the kids to hold and eat without making a mess. Sandwiches keep the kids fuller for a long time. You can make varieties of sandwich recipes by changing the filling according to your kids’ taste. Avocado boiled egg sandwich, Bombay Sandwich, Chocolate Sandwich and Chicken Sandwich are the excellent Sandwich recipes for the kids’ lunch box.
Smart Cooking Tips:
- Add spices according to your taste.
- You can add the eggs in this sandwich filling for a protein. Add the eggs after cooking the carrots until soft and mix gently and cook until the eggs get cooked thoroughly.
- If you do not have a sandwich maker, you can make the sandwich on the stovetop using a skillet. Grease the skillet with butter or ghee and place sandwich on the skillet and cook on both the sides until the bread slices color changes to golden brown.
Sandwich Maker for Quick Sandwiches:
Sandwich maker is an excellent kitchen tool if you make sandwich regularly. It helps to make the delicious sandwiches in just a few minutes. It presses the sandwich hard that helps to keep the fillings inside the bread slices without getting spilled. I make the sandwich at least twice a week for my kid’s lunch box so it is the much-needed tool for me in the kitchen.
This is the sandwich maker I am using in my kitchen.
It is been 3 years since I got it and still works well.
Masala toast sandwich is an easy and healthy lunch box recipe with vegetables. Carrot, capsicum, and spices together make a delicious filling for a sandwich.
- 2 cups Shredded Carrot
- 1 cup Capsicum Finely Chopped
- 1 cup Onion Chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 no Roma Tomato
- 0.50 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 4 no Bread Slices (Whole wheat or Plain Bread or any bread of your choice)
In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, add chopped onion and cook until the onion becomes soft.
Add chopped tomato and cook until the tomato becomes soft and mushy.
Add red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well. Cook until the spices lose its raw smell.
Add chopped capsicum, shredded carrot and mix well. Cook until the carrot gets cooked.
Spread carrot masala on a bread slice and place another slice of bread on top of the carrot masala. Repeat the same with the rest of the carrot masala and bread slices.
Place the sandwiches in the sandwich maker and cook until the bread slices turn crispy. Cut each sandwich into a half, diagonally and serve.
How to serve masala toast sandwich?
Serve masala toast sandwich as a snack or lunch.
Just wondering if the sandwich becomes hard before your child eats it.
Toasted sandwiches normally become hard.
Antonet Roajer says
In the airtight lunch box, it won’t become hard.