Oats Sesame Ladoo with almonds is a healthy snack for kids. These ladoos are an energetic snack for kids that is loaded with protein, iron, and fiber.
A healthy snack with a good shelf life:
Oats sesame ladoo is a healthy snack that you can store for up to a week in the refrigerator. If you are using ghee instead of milk, these ladoos stay for up to 2 weeks.
Oats ladoo is an excellent recipe for the busy moms with younger kids. Spend few minutes and make these ladoos in bulk and store it in an air-tight container.
So you can serve these healthy ladoos as a snack for kids instead of junk foods. The best part in this ladoo is you can serve as it is without heating.
Smart Cooking Tips:
- For a longer shelf life, you can replace the milk with warm ghee for binding.
- Roast the sesame seeds and oats in a medium heat to avoid getting burned.
3. You can also replace the jaggery with sugar. But jaggery gives an excellent taste to the ladoos.
4. If you do not have grated jaggery or powdered jaggery handy, you can easily make it at home by slightly warming the jaggery in a microwave for 10 – 20 seconds and grate it using a cheese or vegetable grater.
Still, if you found difficult to grate, warm jaggery for another 10 – 20 minutes and grate. But avoid heating the jaggery for a long time because it will melt down and get burned quickly.
5. You can replace the almonds with unsalted peanuts and jaggery with brown sugar.
6. Use warm milk or ghee for binding. Add milk little by little and make ladoos out of it.
7. Use quick cooking oats in this recipe.
Iron and Fiber Rich Snack For Kids:
It helps to keep the kids energetic for a long time. Oats, Sesame seed, Jaggery, and Almonds together make a healthy and energetic snack for kids. Especially these ladoos are an excellent snack for the kids in Iron deficiency.
Kids would love these laddoos, even picky eaters would also love this snack.
More Ladoo Recipes:
How to serve Oats Sesame Ladoo?
Serve sesame ladoos as it is. You can make these ladoos in a bulk and store it in an air-tight container and serve.
Oats sesame Ladoo with almonds is a healthy snack for kids. These ladoos are an energetic snack for kids that is loaded with protein, iron, and fiber.
- 1 cup OATS
- 1 cup SESAME SEEDS
- 28 gms ALMONDS
- 1 cup JAGGERY
- 1.50 tbsp MILK
Dry roast oats in a medium heat until nice nutty aroma comes out, it takes approximately 5 - 6 minutes. Transfer oats to a plate and allow it to cool.
Dry roast sesame seeds in a medium heat until the sesame seeds start to pop and the color changes into a light golden brown. Transfer sesame seeds to the plate and allow it to cool.
Dry roast almonds until it becomes crispy. Allow it to cool (if you have roasted almonds handy, skip this step).
In a blender add roasted oats, sesame seeds, almonds, grated jaggery and blend it to a fine powder. Transfer it to a wide bowl.
Add warm milk little by little and shape them into small balls. Decorate the ladoos with cashew nuts or any nuts of your choice (optional).
Cool them completely and store it in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator (You can also replace the milk with ghee for a longer shelf life).