Tomato Egg Bhurji is also known as tomato egg chutney is a healthy and protein-packed side dish. It is a healthy and easy side for rice and chapati in 20 mins.
A healthy breakfast recipe:
The egg is an easy and quick source of protein. Tomato egg bhurji is made with fresh tomatoes and onions. Eggs cooked with fresh vegetables is a healthy and protein-packed dish for breakfast.
This egg bhurji with tomatoes and spices taste more similar to chutney. So you can serve this as a side dish for Idli, dosa, and chapati. My favorite combo is dosa and tomato egg bhurji.
Also, it is simple to make for breakfast in 20 minutes. Sometimes I even mix this tomato egg chutney with white rice and make like a quick egg fried rice for dinner, also sometimes I pack this rice for lunch. Eggs, tomatoes, and rice together make a healthy and protein-packed lunch for kids.
Smart Cooking Tips:
1. Cook tomatoes until it becomes soft and mushy before adding eggs. It helps to reduce the raw tomato smell in chutney.
2. Mix eggs gently and allow it to cook in a medium flame without disturbing it. So that you can see the big chunks of eggs in the bhurji. Cooking in a medium flame helps to avoid burning the egg tomato mixture. Also, it helps to make a flavorful bhurji.
3. You can also add coriander powder and garam masala in this recipe, but I like to keep it mild with just red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
4. Make sure to cook the eggs thoroughly until it becomes dry.
A Quick Side Dish for Chapati and Rice:
Tomato egg bhurji is a flavorful and delicious side dish that goes well with rice and chapati. Though it is thick in consistency unlike curries, it is not a dry side dish.
It tastes more like a tomato chutney, so you can easily serve it as a side dish with chapati or rice. Tomato egg bhurji tastes by itself yummy, so you can serve it as it is without any sides for rice.
I learned this recipe from my mom. She makes this tomato egg chutney for breakfast.
Similar Egg Recipes
Tomato Egg Bhurji also known as tomato egg chutney is a healthy and protein-packed side dish. It is a healthy and easy side for rice and chapati in 20 mins.
- 4 no EGGS
- 4 no ROMA TOMATO
- 1 cup ONIONS CHOPPED
- 2 no GREEN CHILIES
- 3 tbsp OIL
- 1 tsp SALT TABLE
- 0.50 tbsp RED CHILI POWDER
- 0.25 tsp TURMERIC GROUND
- 0.50 tsp MUSTARD SEEDS
- 0.50 tsp URAD DAL
Chop onion, green chilies and tomato finely.
In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Add urad dal and saute until the color changes into golden brown.
Add onion, green chilies and cook until onion becomes soft.
Add chopped tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well. Cook until tomatoes become soft and mushy.
Add eggs and mix gently. Cook until eggs get done thoroughly. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
How to serve Tomato Egg Bhurji?
Serve tomato egg bhurji with rice, dosa or chapati.